Heavy Duty Disconnect
- Provides a means to disconnect the upper BHA fr om a stuck fish via a drop ball and hydraulic pressure
- Impact, shock loading, torque and straight pull tolerant design
- Operates below jars and impact hammers
- Standard internal GS profile
- Fully adjustable disconnect values
- Burst disc facility
- Field re-dressable
The Heavy Duty Disconnect is a torque through disconnect that is released via a drop ball and hydraulic pressure. This tool enables the operator to drop a ball and pressure-up in order to disengage from a stuck fish or BHA. The tool can handle straight pull, impact, jarring and torque loads without affecting the release mechanism.
This tool is designed to operate below jars or impact hammers. When pump pressure is applied, the drop ball lands out on a ball seat, and screws shear allowing the release piston to move down, de-supporting the threaded collet fingers, thus allowing the upper half of the assembly, complete with drop ball to be retrieved to surface. A standard internal fishing neck is left looking up for future retrieval operations.
The tool can be fitted with a burst disc in the Bottom-sub in order to reestablish circulation if required.